Saturday, April 17, 2010

Challenge #1: Blooming Gorgeous and DT Call

Hello and welcome to the first Sentimental Sundays Challenge!

First, I just have to say that I'm so excited about starting this challenge blog! For a while now, I've been wanting to start my own challenge, but I didn't know what it should be centered around. With all the wonderful comments that I have received on my sentiments, I've decided that Sentimental Sundays would be the perfect choice.  Thank goodness the blog address wasn't already taken :)

Second, um, I guess I'm in need of a design team, lol. 
Here's some info:
- Create a project (card, scrapbook, digital layout, alter item, anything) using any sentiment from any company every other Sunday using the challenge theme.  Join the Sentimental Sundays Yahoo group for DT communication and to chit-chat and share your creations.
- You will have access to all the digital sentiments I create for sale (such as the ones for Whimsy Stamps here) or others that I may sell elsewhere in the future.  Of course, you also have access to all my free digital sentiment sets.  If we have sponsors, you will have access to sponsor products if/when they are offered to the team.
- Your name and blog link will be permanently displayed on the sidebar.
- Design team call ends Sunday, May 9.  

To apply, please email me (Ann) at raindropecho@gmail.com with your name, email address, blog address, and why you would like the join the Sentimental Sundays team. This will be a very carefree team and designed-to-be-fun group so I'm looking for some laid back individuals who just love to craft.  If that's you, I would love to hear from you!

So, on to the first challenge! It's an easy one :)

Challenge #1: Blooming Gorgeous
(use flowers, and of course, a sentiment!)

Here's the freebie for this week.  I thought I would go with sentiments that everyone could use at one point or another.  I call it "The Basics" sentiment set. Each sentiment comes in different formats for some versatility.  Enjoy!

Free sentiments are only available for one week.
For more sentiments like this, please visit the Raindrop Echo Designs Sentiments Collection at Whimsy Stamps.

Here's my sample using a sentiment and flowers:
Sentiment: Whimsy Stamps from "On Thoughts" sentiment set; Paper: Cosmo Cricket Earth Love; Accessories/tools: MS border punch, ribbon

The prize for this challenge will be a digital sentiment set of six sentiments of your choosing! That's right, you tell me what to put on the page :)  If you would rather just have a pre-made sentiment set from the Raindrop Echo Designs Whimsy Stamps Digital Collection, you're welcome to have one of those instead.

Thank you for joining me for this first challenge!  I will try to comment on ALL your entries, but if I hope you understand if it takes a little while to do so. I do appreciate you entering your creation; I find inspiration from everyone!




When uploading to SCS, PCP, SNR, or other galleries, please use the keyword "sentimentalsundays"  Thank you!


30 comments:

Erum Tasneem said...

oh wow!!! this is going to be great! goodluck Ann!

Deanne Clarke said...

Wow!!! Thanks for the sentiments! Gonna print them off TODAY!!!

Love the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Ann,
that is gorgeous! love the card and the sentiments!!!!! we need to get together to plan a challenge together.

-- dalis

Jennifer Scull said...

this is so exciting! thank you for the free set. best of luck with your new challenge blog! :)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Wow thanks for the sentiments hun...will have a play tomorrow and join in the fun....good luck with the chalenges, hope you get lots of entries

hugs shell xx

Stef H said...

well i can't believe i'm just finding this out! you know i'm here! and thank you so much for ALL your fabulous words & sentiments! they are something i always need.

hugs :)

racinggrandma61 said...

I just found you and I am so excited. TYVM for the free set and you are now on my favs. I WILL BE BACK

Shelly said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the colors you chose.

Thank you for the beautiful set of sentiments.

Esme said...

Lovely sentiments and a great idea for a challenge blog! I look forward to entering!

Esme xx

Elaine Stark said...

Thank you, I am looking forward to using these lovely sentiments and popping back. Elaine

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the sentiments- thanks for the freebie!

Cheryl said...

Ann, congrats on getting your new challenge blog started! How exciting! Thank you for the free sentiments. I love your card. The colors (and the quote) are wonderful.

cheryl said...

oh wow these are just gorjus sentiments,thank you so much have saved them on my computer and will def use them on my cards,thanks hun will add to my followers,list,hugs cheryl xxxxx
oh congratulations too on your new challenge xxxxxxxxxxx

HappyCrafter said...

What an absolutely fabulous card! LOVE that sentiment!! Congrats on starting your new challenge :-)

Gloria Westerman said...

Congratulation on starting your new challenge blog.....how fun is that....and thank you for the freebie....will have to come and play with you....

thinker said...

love the sentiments... thank you for the freebie...

Shirley said...

Ann, these sentiments are wonderful. I'm off to check out your store. Thanks.

Spyder said...

ohoo lovely cards, I'll have to come back with a different card!
(Lyn)

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Thanks so much for the fun challenge. I had a great time playing along.

racinggrandma61 said...

Thank you for the challenge and somehow I got the wrong card on here for your challenge (I had a headache this morning and took some REAL good pills.) The card that was to be on there is the one with a fairy and it is dated for today and has FLOWERS on it. I am so sorry and I am not sure how to unload it.

racinggrandma61 said...

BTW it is for #34 I am so sorry I am not sure what I did

Linda said...

Thanks for the basic sentiments they are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

I love the Sentiments (I can't open zip files though) I have entered for the DT as this just sounds wonderful and not at all restrictive (I love to do so many things lol) And also for your very 1st challenge it was fun! Congratulations and good luck with this new venture

Love Dawn xx

Sonia said...

Wow thank you for the sentiments they are fab :) Have been looking for something like this for ages. I must make time to join in this challenge.
Hugs Sonia xx

Deb Neerman said...

Whoohoo! Thanks so much for the fab sentiments!! Can't wait to use 'em on a project or three ...

And thanks for a fun challenge ... I look forward to your next challenge!

Seongsook Duncan said...

Thanks for the sentiment and challenge.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Great challenge, Ann! My flower is the small ribbon flower in the upper left corner of the image panel.

Congrats on getting your challenge blog off to a wonderful start!

Hugs,
Linda

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Great Challenge, Thanks for the fun

Fabiola said...

super de lancer un nouveau challenge merci

Cal said...

Love the challenge....a first challenge for you and some firsts for me too, thankyou