Sunday, January 20, 2013

Challenge #138: Negative Space

Welcome back to Sentimental Sunday!
It's good to be back in action and in full swing again.
Even though the team took a few weeks off, we've still been busy getting things in order for 2013.
We have an amazing line up of sponsors and of course we have added to the already amazing and talented design team.  They will be officially announced sometime later this week, although a few of them are joining us in today's challenge. :)
So we would like to welcome you back to Sentimental Sundays if you are a regular visitor or first timer.
We are delighted that you found us and I hope that you will continue to stop by from time to time and participate in our weekly challenges.

Without further ado, let's move onto this weeks challenge.

This week's Sponsor is:
Chickydoddle
Donating: Surprise bag with $50 worth of goodies.

This week's challenge is:
Negative Space
(plus a sentiment)

Now, this weeks challenge is not so much about white/open space.
We want  to see you decorate the negative area that is left from your die cuts/machines.
So please, make sure that we see some negatives spaces or your entry will be deleted, without any formal notification.
The design team is playing with some amazingly delicious washi tape from Chickydoddle.
And I have to say.....WOW!!!  These ladies are so amazingly talented and I love what each one has created for you this week.  So make sure to leave them some comments, either on their personal blog or here.



Archana
Archana
Tracey


 Loading InLinkz ...
When uploading to SCS, PCP, SNR, or other galleries, please use the keyword "sentimentalsundays" Thank you!


16 comments:

Sonia said...

Thanks for having me... is an honor to design along all of your talented DT ladies. I enjoyed creating with Washi Tape and thanks Chickydoodle for your generosity... HUGS... SK :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Beautiful cards by the DT!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Amazing samples by the design team and so happy to be a new member of the team.

chickydoddle said...

Beautiful creations! You guys are so talented. Best of luck with your entries :)

Winnie
chickydoddle.etsy.com

mueppi said...

Great works by DT!
Hugs Gisela

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

I had entered 2 on 1/22 and came back today to enter a 3rd to discover that the first 2 entries were not there so I reentered them. Please let me know what is up with that? Are my entries not acceptable and thus being deleted?
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Hi Melissa- Your entries are beautiful, however they do not follow the challenge theme. An explanation of the challenge is noted and the DT offers amazing inspiration. Our "NEGATIVE SPACE" challenge is not about how little you use on your creation, it's about using the "negative" space that is created with either a die cut and/or machine. We are not asking or looking for "white space" which is what I believe is causing the confusion.

Thank you for your entries and for your question.

Calypso

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Hello Calypso, Ok I now understand you are looking for using a negative cut of a die cut or machine. Thanks for response.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Ok, trying again with a different entry of using a negative cut in which the die has a circle & a heart so I used both pieces but reversed the papers. The circle & heart pieces are in the bottom left corners of my Valentine Camera Smile Card. Please let me know here if entry is acceptable & I'll ck back. Thanks.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Heidi Brawley said...

Fabulous DT creations!!! Thanks for the Fun challenge to enter into!

MarvA1ix said...

I am very disappointed that I could not upload a photo for your challenge. I just found your blog this past week, and worked hard on a card to participate. Then, much to my disappointment, I was unable to upload a photo to complete the process. I tried waiting, hoping it would upload from my blog, then I tried from my computer, but the photo size was too large (and I don't have any idea how to change that), so I tried to figure out the URL, but I guess I can do that either. I went to the INlinx for help, but could not get an answer their eiter, even the search box would not work.
Please check out my blog at http://www.marvelouspossibilities.com/2013/01/oh-hello-i-love-you.html
to see the card I made. Maybe next time.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Ok, after figuring out the negative space I created & entered 3 for the limit of 3 entries. Thanks for the fiun challenge.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Olivia said...

What program do you use for pictures? I have the picture live gallery for windows and when you click to edit a picture it offers you a box called properties and under there you can resize..I also love this free program called Gimp that I LOVE for editing my photos. I hope that helps...and you can come back for more.

Kerry said...

This is a fab challenge, thank you Olivia for suggesting I enter and for your lovely comment on my blog. Fantastic inspiration from the DT xx

Pathy said...

Loved this challenge, very pleasant to do

Hugs from Brazil

Debi said...

Wonderful inspiration from your DT