Sunday, July 27, 2014

Challenge #217: Christmas in July

Welcome to another Sentimental Sunday!
Thanks so much to everyone who played along in our last challenge. 
Be sure to stop back on Wednesday and see who our random winner is and who has been chosen to be in our Top 3!

Before moving on, I would love to welcome our newest member to the Sentimental Sundays family!!  She was with us as a guest designer a few months back and we're excited to add her to the team as permanent member of the family. 

I'm living in a small village (app. 1.500 inh.) in W Slovenia, near the border with Italy. I'm a secondary school teacher of Slovene (mother tongue) and Italian (I studied both items at the University of Ljubljana). For 4 years I lived near Ljubljana, the capital city, with my ex boyfriend. I'm a single mother, and I'm lucky to have so wonderful parents to help me raising my son of 5 and half years. He's a clever little man and keeps me young.
I loved drawing since I remember. In the kindergarden I was sure to become a painter when I grow up. I spent all my free time in drawing during the school. 
When I started the university my hobbies became penpaling, volleyball and travelling. I still play volleyball once a week with a group of friends.
I re-discovered the world of crafting when I was at maternity leave. I'm very active person, so I was looking for sth. to do when my son was sleeping. At first I just looked to crafting blogs, and then I started crafting too. I had a lot of material at home ... since I remember I made Christmas cards by myself and other little presents for my family, mainly my only sister and friends. In the stores I was fascinated by crafting sections and often I bought sth. for when I'll have time - but from then my crafting materials grown a lot, as I still prefer making as much decorating items by myself. 
Nowadays I have a very hard work - teaching native language at secondary school is very impegnative. I spend a lot of afternoons correcting essays and preparing my lessons. Then I play with my child: we do long walks, work in the garden, craft different stuff (we did a volcano, a solar system etc.). But when he's sleeping, Maja - the crafter - wake up and starts crafting, sometimes over the midnight (it's a bit hard when I have to wake up at 6. a.m.). Mainly I make cards and scrapbooks and jewellery. My fave styles are CAS and recycling. But I was featured also in two shabby chic challenges - with the only two cards I even made. 

So make sure you stop by her blog and give her a big warm welcome. 
Now onto this weeks business. 


This week's challenge is:

CHRISTMAS IN JULY
(plus a sentiment)

This week's Sponsor is:
Donating: 3 images, winners choice


As usual, our crackerjack design team has been busily creating some projects that we hope will inspire you to join in our challenge this week:
Maja
using Bunny Snowball Winter

Rachael
using Bunny Christmas Candy

**************************************


When uploading to SCS, PCP, SNR, or other galleries, please use the keyword "sentimentalsundays" Thank you!

2 comments:

D- said...

CUTE cards everyone. That bunny is too cute! Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Unknown said...

Gorgeous DT Cretaions! love those papers Calypso used.. qand the fuzzy hat! :) Gorgeous!! Thanks for another fun challenge!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges